The Power of The Gospel
- One Man, One Message. (Romans 1:1-7)
- The heart of a Serving Servant. (Romans 1:8-15)
ii. Faith (Hebrew 11:1)
1. The Gospel is Powerful (1:16a)
1.1 I am not ashamed of the Gospel. (1 Corinthians 2:2)
1.2 What does ‘Salvation’ mean? (1:16a)
1.3 How can we turn on gospel power? (John 5:24, 2 Corinthians 5:17)
1.4 What Jesus has done for me? (John 4:28-30, 39)
2. The Gospel is simple and universal (1:16b)
2.1 The gospel is simple. (John 5:24)
2.2 The gospel is universal. (Revelation 5:9)
Acts 1:8 (From Jerusalem to the world)
The Great Commission (Matt 28:19-20)
3. The Gospel Reveals a Righteousness from God (1:17)
3.1 Saving & Growing Faith – A Righteousness that is by Faith.
(Romans 4:3, 4:23-24, 3:22), (Ephesians 2:8-9), (John 15:5)
3.2 Deepening Faith Through Trials in Life. (James 1:2-4)
3.3 Living Faith & Sharing Faith. (James 2:14, 17, 26)
How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news. (Romans 10:14-15)
I have kept the Faith. (2 Timothy 4:17)
Question for CG Discussion
1. Why am I ashamed of sharing the gospel?
What caused my embarrassment?
How can I better prepare myself so that it would not happen in the future?
(Read Acts 4:31, Ephesians 6:19-20)
2. Am I striving to share Christ with all men and women?
Who have I recently shared Christ that has a different background than me (eg. color, class, education)?
How did they respond?
Who are my friends I plan to bring for the Christmas harvest event this December?
3. How am I progressively growing in my Faith?
How consistent has my Christian growth been since last year at this time.
What is the one area in my life that is holding me back in my life?
How can I deal with this area? Who can help me?