WAR WITH THE AMALEKITES
SCRIPTURE TEXT : EXODUS: 17:8-16
1. The Amalekites Attack The Israelites v 8
V 8, “The Amalekites came and attacked the Israelites at Rephidim.”
See Deuteronomy 25:17-18
a. We have spiritual battles to fight in our Christian life.
2. The Israelites Respond With A Strange Warfare vv 9-13
V 9b, “tomorrow I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of God in my hands.”
b. We need to exercise prayer in our spiritual warfare.
c. We need to work corporately in a team.
3. God Promises To Wipe Out The Amalekites v 14-16
V 14, “Write this on a scroll as something to be remembered [memorial] … because I will completely blot out the memory of Amalek from under heaven.”
See Deuteronomy 25:19. See also 1 Samuel 15:30.
V 15, “the LORD is my Banner.”
d. God promises to defeat all His enemies.
e. Read God’s memoirs of victory and tell them to others
f. Make memorials of God’s presence in our lives.
————————————questions for sermon discussion——————————————
1. Name all the elements you can find in the battle between the Israelites and the Amalekites and compare them with the Christian spiritual warfare.
2. What are some key weapons to the Christian spiritual warfare you can find in this passage? How do you use them?
3. Share some spiritual journeys and battles God has led you into.
4. What is one issue in your spiritual journey or battle you need some help?