Unthinkable Outrageous Love: LOVE…… as the Lord loves
Hosea 3: 1-5
1. The Basis : Love as the Lord loves (Hosea 3:1)
“Love …… as the LORD loves”
“I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and (you) have loved them even as you have loved me.”
2. The Cost : Bear as the Lord bears (Hosea 3:2-3)
“I bought ………”
“and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.”
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
3. The Fulfilment : Hope as the Lord hopes (Hosea 3:4-5)
“…. will return and seek the LORD …….”
“Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.”
Discussion for application:
1. Can you love as the Lord loves? Why or why not?
2. Relate an experience when you are hurt (physically or verbally), how do you react? Why do you think you reacted in that way?
3. God loves you personally, and bad and unpleasant things do happen. Most of us reacted badly or negatively because we are insecure of God’s unthinkable, outrageous love.
In what specific area in your life-experience (especially in broken and difficult relationships) do you want God to heal and restore you?
Pray and minister to one another.