TOPIC: SOLUTIONS FROM THE EMPTY TOMB
TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 15:1-11
What solutions do we have from the empty tomb?
I. It Clears Our Doubts.
Paul is CERTAIN that…
- Jesus is the foundation of our faith (vv 3-4)
- Jesus appears to His disciples. (vv 5-8)
- Jesus is divine and is the Truth (vv 14-15)
II. It Removes Our Guilt.
Easter is the ANSWER to the problem of GUILT:
- Jesus’ death pays the penalty of our sins. 1 Corinthians 15:3
- Jesus’ resurrection secures forgiveness of our sins.
III. It Cures Our Loneliness
Because of Easter, Jesus is WITH US
- “I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:20
- “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5
IV. It Transforms Our Weaknesses
The POWER that raised Jesus Christ is IN YOU
- “How incredibly great is his power to help those who believe him, the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead.” Ephesians 1:19-20
V. It Gives Life Beyond Death.
Jesus OVERCOMES DEATH forever.
- Jesus entered the realm of death on our behalf and He came out victorious and alive.
—————————– Questions for Sermon Discussion——————————————
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:1-11. What confidence do you have that Jesus rose from the dead bodily? What other facts support your belief? What doubts do unbelievers have about the resurrection of Jesus? What are their reasons? How can you reason with them?
- How important is the resurrection of Jesus to our Christian faith? How does the Church show that this doctrine is important? How would you make it stand out even better?
- Read the 5 solutions from the empty tomb. Which of the 5 solutions mean to you the most personally? Why is it so?