REFRESHING IN THE LORD
1. A churning within (42:1-3)
2. A turning within (42:4-7)
3. A tuning within (42:8-11)
Bible reading guide: Psalm 42: 1-11
Day 1: Psalm 42: 1-11
- Read the whole psalm, then slowly for 2 to 3 times.
- What are the pattern(s), phrase(s) or word(s) that draw your attention? Jot them down in the journal.
- In what ways the pattern(s), phrase(s) or word(s) impressed You? How will you apply them in your life circumstances?
- Write a prayer to the Lord in response to what He has spoken to you in the Bible reading.
Day 2: Psalm 42: 1-3
- Read the whole Psalm 42:1-11 two times, especially verses 1-3.
- What is happening here? Describe it in your own words.
- Does the description resonate with you? Why?
- You may want to write a prayer in response to God based on what you have learned here.
Day 3: Psalm 42: 4-7
- Read Psalm 42:1-11 once or more, especially verses 4-7.
- How has the emotion of the psalmist changed in these verses in comparison to verses 1-3?
- What thoughts come to your mind? Why are you drawn to them?
- Jot down your thoughts and experience in your journal.
Day 4: Psalm 42: 8-11
- Read Psalm 42: 1-11 once or more, focus on verses 8-11.
- What do they say about God?
- How will you relate to what God has revealed to you of Himself in His word here?
- Write your responses in your journal.
Day 5: Psalm 42: 1-11
- Read Psalm 42: 1-11 slowly a few times.
- What is the one lesson that impressed you in your reading and meditation?
- How does it speak to your situation now?
- Write a prayer of response to God.