MOSES DELIVERS GOD’S MESSAGE TO PHARAOH
1. Moses Demands Pharaoh to Release the Israelites vv 1-5
“This is what the LORD….says, ‘Let My people go that they may celebrate a feast to Me in the wilderness.’” v 1
2. Pharaoh Increases the Burden of the Israelites vv 6-18
“But require them to make the same number of bricks as before; don’t reduce the quota. They are lazy; that is why they are crying out, ‘Let us go and sacrifice to our God.’” v 8
3. The Israelites Rejects Moses vv 19-21
“May the LORD look upon you and judge you! You have made us a stench to Pharaoh and his officials and have put a sword in their hand to kill us.” v 21
Lessons on Sharing the Gospel
1. The messenger must be confident of his message.
2. The message must be made clear.
3. The message focuses on “Who is the Lord?”
4. The messenger must be prepared for setback.
————————–questions for sermon discussion————————-
- Recall all the facts that contribute to Moses’ gaining confidence. What are the reasons Moses is confident? What do you need to change in your understanding so that you can be confident about sharing God’s Word?
- When Pharaoh says, “Who is the Lord…?” what was his attitude? How do non-Christians today dismiss God? Why is the lordship of Jesus important when sharing the gospel? Between “being enslaved to Egypt” and “freed to worship God,” where are you between the scales of 1 to 10?
- What are the evidences that Moses was not prepared for a setback? What are the teachings in the Bible that prepare you for setbacks due to opposition? What did you do to overcome your setbacks?