CROSSING THE RED SEA
EXODUS 13:17 – 14:31
- The Lord Leads the Israelites Out of Egypt 13:17-22
Lesson: We must trust the Lord to guide us in our spiritual journey.
- The Lord Entices Pharaoh to Pursue the Israelites 14:1-9
Lesson: The Lord gains glory at the expense of His enemies.
- The Israelites Cry Out in Fear 14:10-14
Lesson: We must exercise faith in the Lord when we face crises.
- The Lord Rescues the Israelites through the Sea 14:15-31
Lesson: The Lord gains glory in saving His people.
——————————questions for sermon discussion——————————-
- In Ex. 13:17-22, what are some reasons you can derive why you should trust the Lord in your
What are some issues you are facing now that challenges you to trust in God?
- In Ex. 14:10-14, how do you think you would have felt facing the Egyptian army with your back
against a sea where you can’t escape?
What situations in life have you been where you felt in a similar situation where you have nowhere
to turn to? What happened?
- In Ex. 14:4,17,18 God says He would gain glory from Egypt. What does that mean? How does God gain glory from His enemies today?
- In Ex. 14:15-31, how does God gain glory in saving the Israelites?
How does God gain glory in saving us today?