SCRIPTURE: 1 CHRONICLES 14:8-12; PHILIPPIANS 4:6-9
SPEAKER: PS. TAN MOY HOW
Baal Perazim means, “the Lord, who breaks out.”
It is the Lord who gave the breakthrough!
What is your GIANT to overcome?
The Big Idea:
“To see a personal breakthrough, inquire of Him first.”
B. How Do We Get A Personal Breakthrough?
- Do not be anxious about anything (Philippians 4:6a)
Switch focus by fasting and prayer.
- (Daniel 9:3) So I turned to the Lord God and pleaded with Him in prayer and petition, in fasting, and in sackcloth and ashes.
- (Ezra 8:23) So we fasted and petitioned our God about this, and He answered our prayer.
- Pray about everything
(Philippians 4:6b) “… but in everything, by prayer and petition…”
- (1 Peter 5:7) “Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.”
- (Luke 18:1-8) The Parable of the Persistent Widow
- Present your requests anytime
(Philippians 4:6c) “…with thanksgiving, present your requests (anytime) to God…”
- (Matthew 11:28) “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
- (John 16:24) “Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.”
C. The Result
(Philippians 4:7) “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
(Philippians 4:9) “Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me — put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
Questions For Discussion:
- Write down your specific list of items in which you want to see a personal breakthrough. Are you seeking a personal breakthrough in a relationship, at your workplace, in your health?
- What is the Holy Spirit prompting you to put into action in order to see a personal breakthrough in your life?